Tuesday, June 21, 2016

If I Don't Make It To This Time Next Year by Alex Brown   12/31/14

If I don't make it this time time next year...make sure you know that I did the best that I could with what I had.  Know that I loved people the best way I knew how. Know that I laughed hard, I cried harder. Know that even at your very worst I saw you at your best. 

If I don't make it to this time make it to This time next year...know that I loved you from the moment I met you. From the first time I held you, as I watched you grow into who you would  eventually become. I experienced so much Joy as a result of you being here. And I'm grateful for our time. 

If I don't make it to this time next year...please know that you were my best friend and nothing will ever separate us. Not even death. Know that growing up and into a man with you was the best experience I could have ever had. The bonds we've built, the history we've made, the memories that live forever. Never forgotten.



If I don't make it to this time next year...know that all your dreams and desires still need to be filled. I might not be there to see it  but you have a responsibility to your community and to the people that love you. You have a responsibility to yourself to achieve the greatness that you aspired to. Fulfill your destiny.

If I don't make it to this time next year.... Celebrate as if I was here, have a drink, put on the fly outfit and party. Make sure you do your best two step. Make sure you celebrate life, and live with the joy of the day and  remember to Live, Laugh, Love...
Because there may come a time when you my friend... might not live to see this time next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment